Juice Cleansing

 photo 1410284593974235IMG_8602_zps8facd10c.jpg  photo 20140908-Steamboat-6_zps211d3b18.jpg  photo 20140908-Steamboat_zpsa7ffaf81.jpg  photo 20140908-Steamboat-5_zps308f30a2.jpg

This past Monday I started a 3 day juice cleanse with a local company. I'm currently on my last day and can honestly say the past three days have been some of the slowest of my entire life. Maybe that seems dramatic, but the cleanse has made time move very slowly. This is the first fast I have ever done before and it has not been nearly as glam as people make it out to be. The first day was hard. I went to work and starred at my coworkers food as I missed the sensation of food between my teeth. Day two was not so wonderful either. The real detoxing began and my stomach was upset all day as my liver detoxed. Now here I am, day 3. I'm currently hungry but will leave soon to go receive my super cleanser, afternoon juice, and night juice. 

Cleansing has forced me to be present. I've been somewhat of a hermit this week because I do not want to be around food, it would be too hard. It's amazing how many social situations, especially in my life, relate to food. I love to cook, and with other people. But, the cleanse has been a time to step back and "clean house". I've been doing a lot of work from home and spending time resting, allowing my body to heal itself.

It's incredible the amount of crap that invades the food we eat. Tomorrow I will begin eating food again. I can't wait to chew! Although all I can think about is bread and cheese, the first few days off the cleanse I will be eating raw foods. Fruits, veggies, and good fats.

Many people have asked me why. My answer: to clean my body and give it a chance to repair. I am not a nutritionist (hence, the reason I'm not doing the cleanse alone), but I believe the energy and intention we put behind such actions to heal our bodies is powerful. I found myself eating poorly and craving sugars, a sign that something was wrong. I also found myself feeling yucky and knew it was time to do something dramatic. Another wonderful part of this cleanse has been doing it with other people! The power of community continually amazes me. The owner of the company is SO knowledgable and the other ladies cleansing are so supportive. It's be so nice to relate to these ladies over the past three days.

Have you ever done a cleanse? Planning on one for this fall? There are so many different types of cleanses! To learn more about the cleanse I'm doing look HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment